Join the MCLP Class of 2018 for their Final Project Presentations on Saturday, March 3, 2:30 – 4:45 pm at Astroth Community Education Center (Heartland Community College) 1500 W Raab Road., Normal.
Join us as the class shares the result of many months of hard work on projects benefiting five local nonprofits.
- Bloomington Public Library project goal is to increase the awareness of the host of online services and mobile services offered by the library, as well as increase the number of active card users, specifically in underserved areas of the community.
- Heartland Head Start’s project team aims to create an efficient, functioning volunteer scheduling system, and to simplify and streamline the volunteer application process for this organization which enhances the lives of children and families by providing a comprehensive child and family development program.
- Illinois Heart and Lung Foundation’s project team will work to develop an “Attack Asthma” camp for children under age 12 in order to help reduce the need and number of medical visits necessitated by asthma attacks. The Illinois Heart and Lung Foundation’s mission is to provide support and resources for the people of our communities to improve their health. The
- University of Illinois Extension’s project goal is to grow the community’s awareness of U of I and the Town of Normal’s Food Forest by creating an outreach plan, developing resources for visitors to the forest, and establishing an ongoing measurement plan to measure usage.
- Western Avenue Community Center’s mission is serving those in need by opening doors of hope and love through faith in Jesus Christ. The project goal is to create a plan to expand the existing Cinco de Mayo event in order to increase the potential income capacity.
Interested in applying for the MCLP Class of 2019? There will be a recruitment information session before presentations from 1:30 to 2:20 pm at the same location. Registration is available here.
Immediately after the presentations, the public is encouraged to join the class at the Radisson Hotel, 8 Traders Circle in Normal for a Happy Hour from 5 – 6:30 p.m.