The Multicultural Leadership Institute is a 501(c)3 nonprofit serving central Illinois since 2009. We strive to create a more diverse and inclusive community, one leader at a time.
We develop leaders to engage the power of diverse perspectives to improve our world
Leadership that fosters a thriving, inclusive world.
The Institute’s flagship program, MCLP, has developed almost 300 local leaders and partnered with over 50 nonprofits. Each year, we choose 24 – 26 individuals based on their:
- Leadership potential
- Desire for self-improvement
- Dedication to positively impacting the world
They come together for nine months to absorb the curriculum and collaborate with a team of their peers on capacity-building projects throughout the community.
MCLP’s intense professional leadership development curriculum provides a framework for current and potential leaders to grow. The core components of our curriculum are:
- To develop servant leadership skills
- To enable others to become capable, wise, and better advocates
- To become more self-aware
- To develop authentic relationships
- To foster diversity, equity, and inclusion
- To provide a welcoming, engaging, and inclusive space for individuals to learn and grow
- To prepare skilled, informed individuals for leadership positions in public, private, educational, political, and nonprofit sectors
- To foster leadership diversity through community welfare and civic participation
- To promote inter-community unity.
Beyond MCLP, The Multicultural Leadership Institute is working hard to be a catalyst for change in our community. Look out for some exciting announcements from us in 2021. To stay up to date, subscribe to our newsletter here.