by Grace McGovern
Multicultural Leadership Program Midterm Community Project Presentations and Recruitment Session – December 3, 2016
Are you interested in learning more about local nonprofits? Do you want to gain essential leadership skills through hands on experience? The Multicultural Leadership Program (MCLP) invites you to attend their Midterm Community Project Presentations at the Parke Regency Hotel, 1413 Leslie Drive, Bloomington 61704 on Saturday, December 3, 2016 from 8:30 – 10:30 a.m. The Class of 2017 projects are:
- Central Illinois Pride Health Center – Open a facility with mental health and medical support for the LGBTQ community.
- Humane Society of Central Illinois – Increase diversity in its adopters, volunteer base and donors.
- League of Women Voters of McLean County – Grow its league and extend reach to underrepresented areas of the community moving forward.
- West Bloomington Revitalization Project – Foster a new generation of leaders for the WBRP Board of Directors.
- YWCA Labyrinth Outreach Services for Women – Begin a social enterprise, which will employ the women it serves who are in need of a supportive work environment.
Immediately following the presentations, there will be an informational recruitment reception for anyone who is interested in applying for the MCLP Class of 2018. Attendees can talk to MCLP alumni and learn more about the experience and how to apply. Register online at bn-mclp.org, or call MCLP Executive Director Linda Bollivar at 309-556-3651 for more information.