MCLP project teams will present midterm highlights of their projects on Saturday, December 5 from 8:15 to 10:30 am at the Community Cancer Center located at 407 E. Vernon in Normal. The teams are excited to share an overview of their projects, what steps have been done thus far, and overall project goals. Each presentation includes time for audience questions and comments.
The five non-profit organizations and service projects are:
- Crossroads Handcrafts of the World – Create an operational manual for day-to-day operations and develop a marketing plan to establish a loyal customer base.
- Home Sweet Home Ministries – Develop a plan to ensure equal service to individuals regardless of race, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender.
- Illinois Symphony Orchestra – Develop a marketing plan to help cultivate and diversify their audience base.
- Life Center for Independent Living – Create a plan to improve their annual fundraising efforts.
- Milestones Early Learning Center – Explore new revenue generating options by methods such as selling milk to families to save them a trip to the grocery store.
MCLP encourages community service as a core leadership responsibility. Since 2009, MCLP participants have partnered with four to five local non-profit organizations each year to address specific community needs identified by those organizations. MCLP participants will continue their work with these non-profit initiatives until the end of their class term in April 2016.
An informational Class of 2017 recruitment reception will follow the presentations from 10:45 to 11:30 am. Hear from MCLP alumni and program leaders in this informational session for individuals interested in MCLP and how to apply for the Class of 2017.
MCLP was founded in 2009 to gather diverse local residents to enhance leadership skills and serve the community. There are 24 participants in the Class of 2016 and the program has 145 graduates. Class participants are chosen on the basis of their demonstrated commitment to community issues, desire to learn and intent to contribute to the community at large.