People ask us “What does MCLP do?” We’re happy to show you!
The public is invited to the Multicultural Leadership Program (MCLP) Class of 2015 community service project presentations, Saturday, March 7, 8-10:30 a.m., in the second floor auditorium of the Astroth Community Education Center Building at Heartland Community College. A free continental breakfast is available for attendees preceding the program at 7:30 a.m.
During the past six months, class participants put servant leadership to action with five vital Bloomington-Normal non-profits. Together, they addressed specific needs to help these organizations take the next step in their work with the community. This work included:
- Community Health Care Clinic — study the feasibility of a dental clinic and a five-year budget program
- Challenger Learning Center — enhance fundraising efforts
- Immanuel Health Center — raise name recognition
- Meadows at Mercy Creek — support staff development to enhance skills and better serve residents
- Prairie Pride Coalition — assess LGBT community needs, redefine goals and outreach
Immediately following the project presentations, MCLP leaders will offer an hour information session about future MCLP opportunities, including how to apply for the MCLP’s Class of 2016 program year.
For more information, contact:
Linda Bollivar, MCLP Program Director
Diana Hauman, MCLP Community Involvement Committee Chair