Public invited to attend
Bloomington/Normal, Ill. – The public is invited to learn about progress-to-date for five community projects underway in McLean County with help from the Multicultural Leadership Program (MCLP).
Mid-Term project presentations will be showcased by MCLP project teams from 9 to 11 a.m. on December 8 at COUNTRY Financial, IAA Auditorium, 1701 N. Towanda Ave., Bloomington. The presentation will be followed by a recruitment reception 11:00 to noon in the same location.
The five non-profit organizations and projects are:
- • Autism Society of McLean County – develop and pilot an employment mentoring program for adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder,
- • Center for Youth and Family Solutions – create a strategic marketing and development plan,
- • David Davis Mansion – develop an endowment fund campaign,
- • Illinois Heart & Lung Foundation – analyze and review the Automated External Defibrillator (AED) program,
- • Labyrinth Outreach for Women – increase community awareness and partners
Since 2009, each class of MCLP participants has explored the core concepts of servant leadership by partnering with four or five non-profit organizations on a community project addressing specific local needs. MCLP participants will continue their work on these non-profit initiatives until the end of their class term in March 2013.
Both events provide non-profit organizations, program sponsors, mentors, employers, and members of the community the chance to learn about opportunities MCLP offers through its annual program, including how to apply for the 2014 MCLP program year. Individuals interested in attending the mid-term presentations and recruitment reception on December 8 must RSVP (for security purposes) by noon Wednesday, December 5 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.