The public is invited to the Multicultural Leadership Program (MCLP) final community project presentations March 3 at Heartland Community College. Following the presentations will be a reception to share information about MCLP with interested candidates.
A continental breakfast will be served at 7:30 a.m., followed by the community presentations from 8 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. The recruiting reception will be from 10:45 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. All will take place in the Astroth Community Education Center Auditorium on Heartland’s campus, 1500 W. Raab Road, Normal.
Each year MCLP selects four to five non-profit organizations’ community projects. The community projects provide help to five non-profit organizations in McLean County while providing leadership experience to MCLP participants.
This year’s non-profit organizations and their projects are:
- Community Health Care Clinic – quantitatively describe the value the clinic provides to the community
- Ecology Action Center – create a plan for outreach and more effective environmental education
- Habitat for Humanity – develop a strategic marketing plan to expand advocacy and awareness of Habitat throughout McLean County
- Heartland Head Start – restructure curriculum for a Spanish-speaking parents program to fit into the Head Start calendar of events
- Illinois Prairie Community Foundation – enhance the foundation’s use of technology to grow its support and funding
Immediately following the project presentations, MCLP will host a recruiting reception to share information about MCLP and how interested candidates might apply for the MCLP Class of 2012-2013.
People interested in attending the community presentations and/or the recruiting reception must RSVP via email to email@example.com.