Five local community organizations will soon get a boost towards their goals!
The Multicultural Leadership Program’s (MCLP) Class of 2014 will showcase their final community projects on Saturday, March 8.
This event is free and open to the public. The program will run from 8 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. at Heartland Community College in the Astroth Community Education Center Building’s second floor auditorium. Doors will open at 7:30 a.m. for community members to speak with MCLP representatives and to enjoy a complementary continental breakfast.
During the past six months, MCLP class participants partnered with five Bloomington-Normal nonprofits to address specific needs identified by the organizations. The partners and project goals include:
- The Baby Fold/Healthy Start — Develop a long-term financial plan to sustain the program.
- Community Cancer Center — Increase testing awareness, primarily in the Indian community.
- Faith in Action — Increase diversity and outreach, develop a business plan.
- Heartland Head Start — Increase awareness and partnerships.
- Illinois Shakespeare Festival — Increase awareness and diversity of attendees.
Immediately following the project presentations, community members and organizations are encouraged to stay for two information sessions to learn about future opportunities with the program, including how apply for the 2015 MCLP program year. These sessions are offered 11 a.m. to noon and include a Recruitment Reception and a Future Projects Information Session.