Paul Rusesabagina, the inspiration behind the “Hotel Rwanda” film, shared a message of leadership during the keynote address of the Multicultural Leadership Program’s Class of 2012 graduation, Saturday, March 31.
He pointed out five aspects he has learned about leadership:
- The most powerful weapon in life is words; use them wisely to lead and influence.
- Your best advisor is your own conscience; follow it.
- People are not completely good or completely bad; find the good in all.
- Involve every stakeholders; none can be left out.
- Stay calm and focused, even in the midst of chaos.
Thank you, Paul Rusesabagina, for coming to Bloomington-Normal to share this advice and your story of courage during the Rwandan Genocide.